Academic and Examination Boards
As the policy-making body, the Academic and Examination Board governs the academic delivery, content design and curriculum development of the training centre.
The functions for the Academic Board included the followings: -
- Developing the policies and procedures to ensure academic quality and rigor such as:
i) ensuring that the content and duration of the modules or subjects, as well as the entry and graduation requirements, of the course are appropriate; and
ii) approving deployment of teachers based on the requirements stipulated by the CPE
- Facilitating the PEI to implement and comply with the policies and procedures developed; and
- Reviewing, at least once a year, the academic policies and procedures.
The Examination Board will be in-charge of the development of examination and assessment procedures, such as to develop and facilitate the implementation of procedures to:
- ensure the security of examination scripts and answer scripts;
- ensure the proper conduct of examinations and assessments;
- define and ensure the proper discharge of duties and responsibilities of invigilators and markers;
- conduct moderation of examination and assessment marks; and
- handle appeals from students with regard to examination or assessment matters.